Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm serious about meatballs.

First of all....
Happy 100th Post to Gratuity Not Included!
I can't believe that I've:
a) been serving again for 7 months
b) gained so many wonderful readers in that time!
Thank you for your dedication!

On to the topic of this glorious 100th post: Meatballs!

We have a special I've nicknamed, "The meat-lover's dish" when describing it to my guests. It's a fettucini bolognese with VEAL meatballs. You know how I feel about veal. See below...
Mmmm Baby Cow!

Anyway, I was having a particularly good night, schmoozing with my guests, selling a ton of specials, and having zero problems...when I got a table of two young guys. I helped them out with the menu and one ended up going for my "meat-lover's dish!" Throughout their meal, I had time to chat with them and joke about the dish. As they slowed down on eating, all that was left on the plate was ONE last veal meatball. I came over and asked, "Are you really not going to eat that?!?" The other guy chimed in and said he saved it for him...I turned and said,
"I'll arm wrestle you for it."
I even went so far as to put my elbow onto their table.
They both laughed, and I could see in his face....he thought about it.
Then, he came back and said...."Nawww I can't arm wrestle a girl!!"


I'm 100% convinced he was afraid to lose to a girl.
I totally could have taken him.

3 comments:

  1. You should have offered to do it left handed. If you carry plates with your left hand, your left arm is probably disproportionately strong. Won my scrawny ass more than a few free beers that way back in the days when I was scrawny and drank beer. Congrats on the 100th post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on 100 blog entries! Your serving stories are the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the 100th post! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...