Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't let Grandpa tip!

You know I love making people feel special.
And I also love old people.

But, if you're out with your grandparents, and they're footing the bill....maybe you should double-check the tip.

I had a really nice table of two guys and their grandparents.
Grandma is vegan, so I went over the menu and helped her choose something she'd like. The guys were overwhelmingly thankful. They'd brought in a cake for one of the brothers' birthday. I made sure it was perfectly timed...you know, made it really special.

When I went to box up the rest of their cake, I decided I deserved a little piece for my hard work (they'd never notice) so I took the tiniest amount, and there was still a half a cake left. I brought it out, and had an "uh-oh" moment.
The grandkids are gone. 
Grandpa's treat. 

I wonder how they'd feel knowing Grandpa left me $11 on $93...that's an ALMOST 12% tip. Maybe that was a good tip back in his day...


I should have taken a bigger piece of cake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way. I love older people, especially couples. They are always quick with the compliments, and I love when people are pleased with the little things - like a fresh cup of coffee, or how big the piece of key lime pie is. But, that being said, they really aren't the best tippers. I often find myself just taking my tip and just shaking my head. You can't be mad at them - they're so old and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...