I have managed to work EVERY SINGLE holiday. And to put the icing on my zuccotto cake, I also got scheduled to work the night of the holiday party. Oh, AND the morning after. I win at life.
Here are the Top Ten reasons why our holiday party was so very awkward:
10) It's prom-themed. Didn't we all do that about 10 years ago??
9) It's AT Bloggiano's. With NO booze. By the time I got ready and back there for the party, I was about 10 shots too sober to be there. Everyone had gone out to drink prior.
8) Homer wore his James Brown wig. Every time I saw him come towards me to ask for a dance, I magically heard my name being called from across the room.
7) The one guy who "didn't take it seriously" and showed up looking like a 'Where's Waldo' hipster edition.
6) The cheesy DJ, who wouldn't play any song we requested. And was about 5 feet tall. I mean, really. We're having the party AT the restaurant, with no alcohol. We can't afford a good DJ??
5) Our manager dressing up as the High School football coach, running around blowing a whistle at people dancing too close together.
4) The "Prom King" being too wasted to know he won.
3) The fact that the majority of employees in attendance were the Mexican kitchen staff, whose eyes I felt undressing me every time I stepped on the dance floor. They literally stood silently on the perimeter, watching.
2) The girls who decided to be funny and wear 80's prom outfits.
1) After 1.5 hours being there (sober, remember) the party ended. And I went home. Only to be back at work in 9 hours. Why did I bother going??
I guess it made for good writing material, at least.
Thank you, http://awkwardpromcouples.blogspot.com